Women and Girls in Chess Initiatives strive to create equality in the game of chess by providing opportunities, programs, and support to females.
“To Empower, Teach, and Inspire Women and Girls to maximize their potential in the Chess Community”.
“Together, all chess players can explore the chess culture and history that women contribute to. We aim to expand resources to female players and learn how to empower, inspire, mentor, and nurture the next generation of players” – Vanessa Sun, Chess Journalist
- Inspire – confidence in women to play, organize and support chess. Chess should be fun!
- Work – for a positive and inclusive environment in all chess communities. Awareness and empathy.
- Support – chess initiatives that aim to enable equal participation and opportunities for everyone.
- Create Synergy – to other organizations and people in the chess world to unite our efforts.
- Research – problems and share solutions concerning women chess participation and service.
- Strengthen – education and mentoring for the next generations of women in chess.
- Provide – solutions and access to resources for supporting women and girls in chess.